Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Geekton Abbey Haul/Swatches!

Getting home from work yesterday and finding 5 little packages shoved into my little mailbox was awesome! Only had tracking on three of those items and only two of those said they were out for delivery that day. All of my major indie eyeshadow and perfume purchases have now shown up (except for my largest order, Victorian Disco Cosmetics, which should be showing up any day now). I received orders from Geekton Abbey (a very new store on Etsy by a fellow redditor), Darling Clandestine, Shiro, Notoriously Morbid and a purchase of a perfume from a redditor looking to destash. I was so excited I started opening them right away and took basic product photos of all I received and will be (hopefully) splitting up my swatches/reviews of them over the next few days.

This particular post is focused on a brand new entry into the indie cosmetics scene by redditor GeektonAbbey. She posted on r/indiemakeupandmore about her new Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/GeektonAbbey) which featured a collection inspired by MST3K, which of course I purchased samples of right away and received two free samples for her latest yet unreleased Breaking Bad collection. I placed the order on May 28th, got a response from her thanking me for the order and letting me know she would be in touch through every step of the ordering process (which was very awesome of her to do). The order shipped on May 30th (awesome 2 day TAT) and I received it yesterday, June 2nd. 


The samples were nicely wrapped in this tissue paper and included a lovely handwritten note thanking me for my purchase and explaining the free samples.

Her samples are stated as being 1/2 tsp and as you can see, these baggies are very full, and now typing this out, I should take a photo of the jars I decanted them into to compare them to my Shiro and Notoriously Morbid samples. I may tack that onto this post later.

Onward to the swatches! The top of each swatch is over Darling Girl Primped and Primed Eye Primer.


The shadows are gorgeous, very pigmented and go on like a dream! I got a little over excited about swatching Yeah Science so I fumbled the brush a bit and ended up with some fallout landing in various spots in the other swatches, ooops.

Individual photos:


The Breaking Bad reference is spot on for this one, absolutely perfect. This one was the least pigmented of the set, it took several swipes to get it this way, but it's still lovely.


I've got a soft spot for blues, so this is easily tied for my favorite. I'm wearing this one today alongside Crow (which is next) and it is just so vibrant. 


I love me some coppery/gold eyeshadow and this one is so vibrant and went on like a dream! Even over the bareskin is was so pigmented. Absolutely love this one.


I'm not the biggest fan of purples, but I'm slowly realizing they growing on me, and I will end up ordering more purples in my future orders. This one is such a lovely purple-pink and just like the others, had a very smooth application.


This one is gorgeous! Very fiery and looks like it performs best over primer. This one took only one swipe to look like his.


I was expecting a bit more green from this one because of how it appeared in the baggie, despite knowing it's silver from the description on the Etsy page. This one took 2 swipes and really shines over the primer the most, but is still a great silvery shade. This one will get a lot of use from me.

So that was the last of the swatches from that order. I will be adding this Etsy store to my watch list to keep an eye on for new shadows. It was a pleasure to purchase from her and I am beyond satisfied with the beautiful shadows.

*Disclaimer: These were bought with my own money and these opinions are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment