Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Patience is Not My Forte

So I've been quiet on the blogging front for a bit, I was on vacation all of last week and got back this past Sunday and my much awaited Victorian Disco Cosmetics order was not in my mailbox.

Now admittedly my tie fighter argyle socks were waiting for me (http://ianleino.com/shop/argyle-fighters-socks), but that wasn't my long awaited largest purchase of indie eyeshadows yet. So Monday I contacted Ashley again (now that she has also returned from vacation) and let her know my order still hadn't arrived and the tracking still showed USPS had only received the notification for shipping. She quickly let me know she had contacted USPS last week about it and had gotten absolutely no response from them and reassured me she would be contacting them again, but in the meantime would repackage my order and get it out the following day (now yesterday). I hate being in the situation where she did ship the order, but USPS has just lost it, and now she'll be out another order because of them. It really stinks for all parties involved. This order in particular was placed on May 9th, I got my shipping notification on May 28th and obviously still haven't received it.

Well, to console myself, I placed my large order of Shiro products. I scoured the website and just ordered every single eyeshadow that I wanted. I also picked up the color of the months that I wanted and obviously missed out on when they first came out since I've only been aware of the indie cosmetic scene since April.

The shadows I grabbed are:

Full sizes:
Butts (COTM)
Doge (COTM)
Still No Oscar for Leo DiCaprio (COTM)
What Does the Fox Say? (COTM)
You Snow Nothing (COTM)
Jareth's Tight Pants (COTM)
Yzma's Essence of Llama (COTM)

Samples:
The Complete Seven Kingdoms Collection
When the Thrush Knocks
War of Five Armies
King Under the Mountain
Lingered in Twilight
Farewell, Wherever You Fare
Attercop, Attercop
An Unexpected Party
A Regular Bears' Meeting
A Push in the Right Direction
Burdened with Glorious Purpose
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Enormous Green Rage Monster
Glowstick of Destiny
He Loves His Hammer
I Understood That Reference
That Man is Playing Galaga
Kraken
You Dropped Your Rod
I'll Move That For You
A Terrible Fate
Epona
Ganondorf
Kokiri Emerald
Hero of Ages
Zora Sapphire
Triforce
Ditto
Flamethrower
Baker's Boy
Star-Crossed

So yeah, that was a pretty big/pricey order. I'll also need to pick up some more empty jars before all of it arrives (luckily Michaels has a big sale going on this weekend, 40% off your entire purchase on Sunday from 4 pm to 7 pm).

I also purchased samples from a fellow reddit user that was a mish mash of eyeshadow samples that I haven't swatched properly yet that I need to post (hopefully this weekend I'll be able to catch up).

I'll probably continue to be a bit silent on the swatching front for the rest of the week as I'm working on a painting for my father-in-law's birthday which is approaching a bit fast, so I need to get it in the mail to him soon. I'm also going try and post a couple of my paintings on here soon for CC. I'm a relatively new painter, used to draw all the time from elementary school through high school, then just fell out of it and never had really painted much. So I'm still learning and figuring out techniques and whatnot, but critiques are definitely welcome. I'm also thinking of moving from acrylics to oils (dat blending), but have been spending all my spare money on cosmetics... so yeah.

Let me know what you think of the eyeshadows I've ordered from Shiro, if you happen to have some of them, feel free to share swatches! Thanks for reading this wordy post!

I'll end this post with one of my earlier paintings:





No comments:

Post a Comment